Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Featured Foodie on SBS Food

It's been a pretty exciting week. In fact an exciting two weeks, what with Sydney food festival CuisineNOW and interviewing Monsieur Roux. That very same day, this interview with me was also published on the SBS (Special Broadcasting Service) Food website and sent out featured in their fortnightly newsletter.

Here's an excerpt:

Tell us about your favourite food event in Australia.

I think the first major food event I went to in Australia was the Harvest Picnic at Werribee Park. That’s still a favourite because of the highlight on produce. (and because I cooked the press breakfast there one year). My hometown festivals in Sydney, are all great fun, and a great place to learn. The World Chef’s Conference in Sydney was really interesting, and I participated in lots of events at the Sydney International Food Festival.


I’m really excited that this month I’m going to a few events - a masterclass and lunch by Nicolas Le Bec, dinner by Michel Roux Senior and the Gala Dinner with all 7 chefs - at the inaugural Cuisine NOW.


And, I’m really looking forward to March and the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.


Or ... read the whole interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment