Saturday, February 13, 2010

a letter from Anyi

I received a letter in the post during the week, and for one reason or another, didn't have a chance to open the letter until this morning. When I opened it I cried. Here's the letter from 3 year old Anyi (from Honduras).

Rebecca Varidel
Dear sponsor,

I take the pen and paper on my hands to address this letter to a special and important person like you. It's a nice afternoon and the birds eagerly sing around my house.

Rebecca, I hope you get many presents in this Christmas time and I wish you blessings. I send you lots of hugs and kisses. I am fine and in good health as well as my family.

I am on vacation and I was in kindergarten and learned to color. I know the colors and many more things. I received the family gift you sent me and I bought important things. The gift was $93.15 = Lpa 1761.47 and bought clothes and shoes. I think you for this gift you sent me in November. Here in my country we celebrate Christmas with our family and eat delicious sweet meals. I wish you a happy Christmas aside of your family.

So long. I hope you send me your letters and photos to get to know you. Receive hugs and kisses from me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. this is so sweet! I want to sponsor a child and this makes me want to even more!

    ReplyDelete